In this article we will learn:
How to export contacts via the UI
The system allows export of all contacts or a filtered set of contacts based on audience rules.
- Navigate to Contacts › Search Contacts.
- To export all contacts in the system, select the box "include ALL Contacts".
You also have the option to create a filtered export based on audience rules. To learn about audiences, read the article about creating an audience.
- To export the results, click the dropdown labeled "Actions" in the upper right and choose "Export".
- Fill out the fields.
- Name: The name may only contain letters, numbers, and dashes.
- Choose Attribute Columns: Select which attributes you would like included in the export. Note that "channels.email.address" is referred to as "email" in the dropdown.
- Choose List Columns: Select which list association you would like included in the export.
- Export file type: Select CSV, XLS, or XLSX format.
- Header: Select whether or not to include a header row in the export.
- Optional: Choose whether or not to additionally send the file to an FTP. If so, be sure to fill out the FTP information.
- After exporting you will be taken the "Jobs" page where you can download the export. Note that you can always access the Jobs page by clicking on the icon in the top of the system header:
How to export contacts via the API
You also have the option to export contacts via the API. To learn more about that, read the article on exporting contacts via the API.
In the next article we'll learn how to delete contacts.